The other unique problem which I faced today is with Gmail. It happened for the first time although the problem got resolved pretty early when I mailed back Gmail promptly with all the details. The error is “Gmail Lockdown in Sector 4”. I was just checking the answers for my quiz but when I finished checking the answers and clicked on the back, I was taken directly to this screen with the error name. In this error the account home page was replaced with the flippant title: "Lockdown in sector 4!" along with a short explanation of the lockdown. I immedietely referred the Gmail Help and found that the accounts in question had conducted "unusual usage," although the users maintain their innocence. If the account user violates the Gmail usage policy and other agreements, the account is freezed before being released within 1 min to 24 hours.
This is the mail which I got from Gmail Team. This is also the first time I have observed a mailing service closing abruptly.
“Hello, Our system has detected abnormal usage of your Gmail account. As a result, we have temporarily disabled access to this account. It will take between one minute and 24 hours for you to regain access, depending on the behavior our system detected. Your account may be temporarily disabled if, among other things, you are:
- Sending or receiving an excessive volume of mail·
- Using any third-party software that automatically logs in to your account and is not supported by Gmail
- Using certain browser extensions that change the behavior of a Website (Greasemonkey, a popular Firefox extension, often interferes with Gmail We suggest disabling Greasemonkey to use Gmail without any issues.)
- List the date and time of day when you were locked out of the account.
- What task were you performing when you were locked out? (ex: sending an email, downloading an attachment, etc.
- Has access to your account been disabled before this occurrence? If so when and for how long?
- Indicate which of the following, if any, Gmail features you use: POP, auto-forwarding, or Gmail's Notifier
- Are you using any type of browser extensions? If so, please specify
- Do you use any third-party software in conjunction with Gmail? If so please specify.
Sincerely, The Gmail Team
Snap Shot of Error